Not sure what happened - the stars aligned, someone was drunk, pressure from above (thanks to some political pull - you know who you are), or sheer desperation to find an answer....
...but they finally performed an endoscopy.
And by doing this they actually found that Brandon has an ulcerated esophagus.
Great news - we have an answer. Although it may only be part of the answer, it is something.
So why am I so exasperated???
- Before we even went to the hospital, I told Brandon that what he is describing sounds like the ulcers I had when I was pregnant
- When we got to the hospital I told them to check for ulcers
- When they transferred him to PMH I asked when they were going to do an endoscopy
- When each specialist walked in I mentioned ulcers and asked for an endoscopy
- Even when they were SURE it was GVH I asked them to still do an endoscopy so that at least they could rule out some things
And more so, because:
- Some of this pain could have been eliminated 2 weeks ago
- Some of the medication they put him on in the meantime has actually damaged his liver
- We now have secondary infections that I am not convinced would have been there had this been treated
I am so upset and frustrated! Not sure what else I could have done, but I know that nobody listened, Drs were stubborn and set in their own mindsets and Brandon paid the price.
Are you kidding me!!
Side note: Picture of Brandon's teeny tiny legs...result of laying in bed for 2 weeks.